MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Things That Go Crash In the Night

So it's coming up on year since I've blogged last.  Just recently a couple of peeps have asked me if I'm going to start blogging again? I guess I'm not real sure why I even stopped but if this what the Lord wants, then I'm on board.

 Well allot has happened in the past year. On January 2nd of this year my 2yr old son and I were in a car accident. Everyone is fine praise God! A high school kid ran a stop-sign and hit my side of the car- we spun and landed on the guide wire on a dark county road on the way home from church that Sunday night. Needless to say I do believe that it WAS Divine and it set allot in motion for many things that have come on my plate this year.  I won't go into all of it but to touch on the main reality of .... we ALL need Christ Jesus.

After the accident and my son and I were in my friends car watching my car be towed away (it was totaled) and my hero of a husband was taking care in talking to the police etc, I asked my friend Gloria who was with me to go and get the young man so I could talk to him. (Bless his heart he was so very apologetic from the moment he hit me). I remember asking him if he was okay and his friends. all fine he said. I remember asking him if he knew Jesus Christ. He said yes, he does. He also shared with me that just seconds before he rolled through the stop-sign and as his friends were talking--he was thinking to himeself that he needs to "get his act together." His life is going no where right now and that he needs to get right with God.  I told him I agree with him and this was God's mercy on his life to get his attention. I remember seeing the 'lost' look in his eyes that night.

I've thought of this boy several times this year and wondered how he is doing. I've thought of contacting him to see what's going on but God told me not to. I sit back now and think of him, of the accident, of those who came and helped. And then I think of Jesus and how He knew we needed help. We all have that 'lost' look in our eyes. He knew that we need Him. He wants us 'right' with the Father- so He did what He had to do to get our attention. (to me that is a forever 'selah' moment).

The Lord gave me a verse as I share this story this morning:
"But as it is written: “ Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”" 1 Co 2:9

as the Lord did what He had to do for this young man back in January- Christ did what He had to do for His lost creation. And it's up to us to respond to Him (just like the boy) and know that He HAS a plan for our lives that "no eye has seen or ear heard for those that love Him".

No comments:

Post a Comment