MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Don't Limit God

Sometimes during the day as I’m busy around the house I will listen to a conference via internet. I was inspired to share this one with some of my own thoughts by a guy named Andrew Wommack. He talked about how we CAN limit God and our lives are not all predestined. He gave a verse in Psalm 78:41 that reads “Yes, again and again they tempted God, And limited the Holy One of Israel.” This verse caused me to take a moment and really grasp it that yes, we can limit our Creator based on what we’re doing and the choices we make in our life that He didn’t want for us. God gave each person free will. In Deuteronomy 30:19 God is telling the Israelites to “choose life”. He gives us the free will to make that choice. He even explained about the blessing and the cursing depending on what is chosen.


We can limit God by a number of things. A big one is fear. God desires faith from us and not to fear. Hebrews 11:6 tells us that “without faith it is impossible to please God”. Fear will limit God and what He wants to do in and through us. We forget that we have don’t have a spirit of fear but of a sound mind (2Tim 1:7). Whether it’s fear of people, confrontation, relationships or getting out of our safe zone etc fear limits God. There is nothing to fear.

Busyness is another that popped into my head. I was reminded of the story of Martha & Mary (Luke 10). We know that Martha was busy cooking and cleaning while Mary was at the feet of Jesus. Martha was upset that Mary was not helping her out yet Jesus told Martha to not worry about it and that Mary had ‘chosen’ what is good. Mary did not limit God where as Martha was w her busyness.

And last but not least is pride. A proverb that instantly came to mind was chapter in 16:18 “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.” Pride can come in different forms and can be very subtle. We know and are confident that God works all things for good that those who love Him right? (Romans 8). So if we choose to let our pride come in the way of something that God has planned for us, then we are limiting God and His great plan for our life won’t happen until that pride is removed. A pride issue I remember in my life at one time is when I was choosing to ignore a prompting of the Holy Spirit’s leading to talk to a friend to rectify a situation. I didn’t swallow my pride and let God do His work and it took an extra long time for our friendship to be restored. I was limiting God because of my pride and that cost me much.

To wind this one down today I leave just one question for all of us and one that I’m trying to implement into my daily walk with Christ. What are we limiting God on in our lives???

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is some serious stuff & honestly an answer to a prayer I just prayed about an hour ago! Maybe there was a reason I didn't get to read this yesterday! Love you my beloved friend!

    ReplyDelete