MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Saturday, September 11, 2010

We Already Have It

On hearing a word earlier this week from God I’m excited to share this. I have been thinking about this and asking God for His direction in the way He wanted it to go. The title of this share is what came to me and it’s based on Ephesians 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ”. I had recently heard about us truly “having all we need and we have all the power of Christ” once we accept Him as our Savior.


In this passage of Eph it states just that. God blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Meaning, we don’t have to pray and ask for these. He already gave them to us. We need to find them and draw them out and live them. Whether it’s needing to forgive someone, healing for something or even needing direction in a situation. We have these inside of us w the power of Christ Jesus. The verse says “has” blessed us meaning past tense. We already have them. Are we really grasping that? It reminds me that not long ago I had been praying for something and God blessed me with it (though I didn’t realize at the time). I then asked for someone else to pray about it for me, for God to bless it. They told me that no they weren’t going to pray that because God already blessed it. Why would I pray for what I already have? That made me stop and think about it. How often do we that?

I was then lead to Ephesians chapter 3 verse 20-21 “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen”. Again this passage is telling us that the Father who can do anything according to the power that works IN us. We truly don’t realize the power from God we have INSIDE of us. This might sound silly but I heard someone say once that the reason we bow our heads to our chest when we pray is because when we are saved, Christ comes to live inside of us, so we are bowing our heads because we are looking at Him. It’s kind of goofy but true in a funny way.

We know the verse “the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” from 1John 4. So if He is greater and living in us – we have everything we need and we have His blessings already!

No comments:

Post a Comment