MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Monday, September 27, 2010

In The Thick

So I went to my first Christian conference this weekend.  It was all women w many speakers. Both female and male speakers. There were over 6000 women in all.  Many different nationalities.  400 of the women were teenage girls.  I loved that! We also had a 150 or so from the Dominican Republic and we were told a women flew in from Dubai! We had some come down from Canada and then others from all over the United States. I think that is so awesome!  
There was a handful of men who at the beginning we were introduced to as a whole that ended up in another part of the building, so they couldn’t see or hear what was going on to be praying for us.  There was a prayer room open 24 hours a day for the women.  I was also surprised but delighted to see all of the moms who brought their babies -so many beautiful babies.  They had a nursing room set up for them just outside the doors so they didn’t have to go too far.  There was another room to do some “shopping” as in books and other literature and booths to check out.
There were so many women that they turned several of the men’s restrooms into ladies restrooms for us. Thank You men for that!! Ha!  We had a little café we could purchase from and some vending machines as well.  The conference lasted 2 days.
It’s really a lot of information to soak in, in such a short amount of time. As time goes on and it starts to settle into my thoughts and spirit I will be sharing w you. I didn’t know what to expect really for my first conference and I have to say I am tired yet encouraged. But what I want to share today though is something that I didn’t “hear” at the conference but a small yet profound revelation (as my friend called it) that was brought to light. In my heart.
Going w some friends and also meeting some new friends there and just looking around at all the women, and then coming home and sharing w church Sunday night who are also family, it popped into my head that when we (the body) are with each other, we are IN the thick of Christ’s love. To go along w that the Good Lord gave me the verse in Matt 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”  And then another verse in 1 John 4:8”God is love”. 
So, if He IS love and if He IS w us when 2 or more are together, hanging out, we are in His love!  I sit back and think now, that when I’m with you, and we are just hanging out or at church or in a bible study or even just watching a flick together, WE are IN the THICK of Christ’s love. 
There is truly NO other better place to be - is there. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment