MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Grace through Frustration

I had a couple of things I wanted to share about on certain subjects, yet that is not Gods plan today. It’s out of frustration and grace that I’m writing. The past 5 days give or take a few things have caused great frustration in my thoughts and heart. Some of it because of friends & family some of it just from daily life. Don’t get me wrong, everything will turn out for good as Romans 8:28 says, yet it’s the “getting to that good” is the frustrating and hard part – but refining indeed.


When these situations arise that cause frustration in me I think of who is involved and who it affects. I see hurt and disappointment. I myself am hurt and disappointed. Some in them and also in me. That causes even more frustration! Then I find myself after being wound up about it, I will sit and think on it all, but this time I seek God on it. It takes me a while to do that sometimes – why is that?

I wonder if Jesus got frustrated? In reading the bible and the stories in the gospels I don’t really denote any frustration coming from Him but I’m guessing He had some on the inside - maybe.

Jesus was human as well as divine. One of the many reasons I thank Him for coming as a human in flesh & blood (Matt 1) is that it makes it easier for me personally to believe He can relate with us. That is crucial for me. Jesus was tempted with all things as we are yet He didn’t fall into that sin (1 John 2:16). That is what I’m thinking on today as I’m trying to sort through these frustrations.
For myself, that is when Gods grace comes in. Jehovah gives us His grace at the right time for the right thing, in the right amount (2Co 12:9). When we receive that grace from Him, His peace comes with it (John 14:27). Now that is an extra bonus indeed! Mind you I still have these frustrations and questions but now with His grace coating them and me, I’m able to let them go and pray. Even to stretch my hand and or ear out to those who are going through the hard time without judging or condemning.

God reminds me in His word that we all fall short of the glory of Him (Romans 3:23).  That sure keeps one humble.  Yet His glory will be revealed in us (Is 40:5). His glory is revealed in these frustrations of life because His grace shines through. There are many by-products of His grace but that is another share in itself.

I’m humbled and encouraged by God and thankful that He truly does understand. Truly! We serve such a personal God. The LORD knows we get frustrated and angry. He knows we get tired and weary with life sometimes, but His peace that truly surpasses understanding & guards our hearts through Christ Jesus (Phil 4:7) is part of His grace that has no end.

In praying for a verse from the LORD this is what He gave:

“For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.” 1Co 1:25

No comments:

Post a Comment