MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Big Toe

This is going to be kind of  2 part blog so it’s not too long.  I will do the other part in a couple of days.  Okay, though it is only Tuesday there are some things that were talked and shared on church on Sunday that has stuck w me as well as others from what I am hearing.  We were talking about relationships in the body of Christ.  We talked about when someone in the body is hurting or going through a trial or has even fallen into sin affects all of us.  One person put it this way – and I’m paraphrasing here “when you are going through something that is hard, it hurts me.  A part of the body is hurt and it affects ALL of us. It’s like my big toe is hurting”.   
It was funny mind you and got chuckles of course but I thought of that often since Sunday and something that I realized later, when they used the big toe as the analogy I thought, it’s the big toe that helps us to step forward as we walk physically.  The big toe applies pressure to make that step forward and helps to balance us out so we don’t tumble forward and fall flat on our face.  Not to say that when our brother or sister in the LORD who is “down” stops us from going forward,  but sometimes it can hinder us in a way that going forward can be a bit more difficult or frustrating because our hearts our grieved. We are told in God’s Word to help others who are down but at the same time to make sure it does not cause us to fall (Gal 6:1-3).
 Ecclesiastes 4:10 gives us truth that “If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up.”  We need each other to help each other out! There are no bones about it. We don’t have to go at this alone.  As we need Christ Jesus, we also need each other.  We need our big toes (each other)  to help us  go forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment