MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Saturday, October 30, 2010

Choose to Bless

I’ve been really challenged this week.  Found out that someone shared some information with another about something they didn’t know, and in turn, it caused hurt in them as well as anger in me.  It made my blood just boil! I was SO mad at the hurt is caused my friend who heard this and at the miss-information it was told in.  I remember my hands were shaking and I had to count to 30 and calm down I was so angry.  Also, it caused all these thoughts about this person who did this, that I know were not of God to form in my head which was making its way to my heart - I wanted those thoughts to stop before they were to make a home in my heart.
I was able to share this with a trusted friend who helped calm me and encouraged me to seek Jesus as I knew I was supposed to.  The Lord led me to Matt 5:43-45 ““You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.” 
Pretty heavy scripture - but a command none the less. The Spirit was really tugging at my heart in regards to blessing this person who (whether they know or not) hurt other’s in what they said when they shouldn’t have. The Spirit was reminding ME of how many times I have prayed to love, forgive and bless others yet, in the thick of the emotion, I cursed and didn’t bless. Ouch!! Think about it, how many times when in the thick of a quarrel, whether it be with your mate, a sibling, friend, co-worker did we choose to bless right away or… run with our emotions and feed our anger?? Let’s be honest about it.
I found myself on my knee’s asking for forgiveness of the hardness that was trying to take root in my heart and asking for a new heart for this person. I was then able to bless them out loud with my mouth and it’s finding a home in my heart.  I’m challenging myself to cultivate that kind of a more immediate response to bless instead of curse at the height of the moment, in the thick of the emotion, so that Christ will shine first. It won’t happen overnight obviously but with Gods grace and with much practice, practice and more practice. 
 All things are possible through Christ Jesus (Mk 10:27)....right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment