MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Friday, October 8, 2010

In Remembrance

With Jehovah this am and reading some things, I came across the Lords Supper.  In praying for what He wanted me to see in it- here is what was given to me.  I've never thought of it this way before.

1 CO 11:23-26

23"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes"

Breaking it down:

V23- Interestingly enough, Jesus broke bread for the first time w them the SAME night He was going to be betrayed. 

V24- He then first gave thanks to God before anything else (I can learn from that!).  He then broke it and said to eat it & that it is His body that was broken for us.
   *Jesus "broke" the undefiled intimacy He had w the Father for us.  He had to leave the Father to come here. He was separated from God. Sometimes we can consider something "broken" as "separated" like a marriage can be. Marriage (which God created) is the ultimate example of what God wants our relationship to be like w Him.

V25- After supper (the bread/brokenness from God) Jesus took the cup and said it's the New Covenant IN His blood and we are to drink it.
Drink also means to "take in" or "to receive".  We are to take in & receive what He gave us. Salvation with Him.
   *God desires a blood sacrifice for atonement of sins (Leviticus 17:11).  Christ IS the new covenant.

V26- we are to do it often and not forget. Waiting for His return.
    *John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

We "brake" the bread first because He had to leave the Father first-----then we "drink" (receive) the cup of His blood after because it is His blood that made the new covenant.

As I was writing this all down in my journal and the heavy-ness (with gratitude) of it was in my heart, a Third Day song popped into my head...

"You left your Throne in the sky - just to live inside my heart."

May Communion never be a "traditional ritual" in our walk w Yeshua.

1 comment: