MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Monday, October 4, 2010

Persist In Faith

To be totally open and honest today, I had a pretty heavy heartfelt crying/talking session with our Heavenly Father.  It was about numerous things for numerous people, including myself.  I haven’t done that in quite a while.  It was a “Hannah moment” you could say.  Aren’t those just the best sometimes?!
What brought that on is I have been feeling very burdened. So, in knowing I am not suppose to carry these burdens alone I sought God and He led me to the book of Hebrews.  Knowing that the book of Hebrews is a lot about faith, God had me in chapter 11 which is also known as “The Hall of Faith”.   Without listing the entire chapter which I could do, I highly encourage you to read it on your own.  But for today I’m focusing on verse 6 and it reads: “And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him.”
In the midst of my seeking, crying and vulnerability to God, He revealed some things to me in my walk with Him that is lies from our enemy that I have been believing.  I consider that was a reward indeed from Him to show me this. Because in place of those lies now are His truth. This in turn, will feed my faith. Now that backfired on the devil didn’t it!
It’s amazing that the God we worship tells us that without faith it is impossible to please Him. Because in 1 Timothy we are told to “contend for the faith” meaning to fight. We have to fight for our faith because we know that makes God happy.  Well Satan knows it too!  The enemy does everything in his power for us to let go of our faith, throw in the towel and give up. Satan doesn’t want God happy. Satan wants to hurt God- and us (John 10:10).
Chapter 11:1 states “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”  It’s hard for us sometimes to live out our faith in our everyday lives, but God tells us He rewards His children who diligently seek Him. We are to walk by faith and not by sight. God is serious about this.  He didn't leave us stranded by any means.
We are to persist [to go on resolutely or stubbornly in spite of opposition or importunity] in our God given faith (Ro 12:3).  Don’t give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment