MISSION STATEMENT

HOPE CALLS is a space to share that there is hope in our every day lives. Jesus Christ is real and He desires to have a deep relationship with us on a daily basis. HOPE CALLS will be posts about my life as well as the truth that God is revealing to me, through my relationship with Him. My hope is that as you read these posts you know that no one is alone, and there is hope.







Sunday, October 17, 2010

Teacher Grace

Remembering from the last blog I wrote that this was going to be a two part share, I wanted to go back and recap a little. I had written how “the big toe helps us to keep our balance, so we don’t fall flat on our face”.  Let’s focus on that word “help” for now.  In thinking on the word help I was led to Titus 2:11-13 “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,”.
In this passage the word grace caught my eye and also the word teaching.  It states that the grace of God teaches us. It also tells us that His grace teaches us how we should live and that it IS attainable because of His grace.  That was pretty profound for me when I saw it that way. I don’t know about you but the thought came to me, that in our times of help, be it one of those life things that come out of know where or a sin of some kind or anything that you might think of, when we are in need of help that is when grace (help) comes in.  Because grace (help) gives us what we don’t deserve sometimes.  Also, if we let it, it’s teaching us the lessons in how to live before God and with God.  He truly is our only audience. Grace (help) is giving us another chance by means of teaching us a lesson, if we are teachable.
Grace was given to us through Jesus “grace and truth came through Jesus Christ” John 1:17.  Jesus is not only our grace giver but many things in-fact.  One thing He is that we know well, is our Teacher.  The gift of grace He gives us should teach us that when we are in need of help, it’s His grace that will pull us through and hopefully, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment